Before watching the videos and the reading materials provided on the Brightspace, I thought I knew nothing about Interactive and Multimedia Learning; after a preliminary understanding based on those information, I found that I had been in touch with Interactive and Multimedia Learning before, and had a better understanding of it.

At first, I wanted to choose this course to see if the technology could be combined with my major and be used together, which is economics. But now I have another uncertain question about this technology, which is will it completely replaces face-to-face and offline communication between people in the future? If so, will this change be positive or negative for human beings?

Photo by @gewoonwouter

When I watched the provided videos, the two words that impressed me most were synchronous and asynchronous, they made me realize that I actually have been in touch with multimedia learning, especially since last May. For example, the wide application of Zoom is a typical embodiment of synchronous teaching, and the usage of both Coursespaces and Brightspace can be regarded as the appliances of asynchronous teaching, which can let students catch up with the same course schedule and learn the same knowledge in different time zones, for this reason to deal with the pandemic. I had PAAS138 last July and my instructor used Coursespaces perfectly to create fragmented tasks to encourage us to catch up with the progress of the course in time, which provided us extremely useful learning experiences by asynchronous way.