This week I created the first H5P video by myself,  it was a very novel experience for me and it, and to a certain extent, it deepened my understanding of multimedia learnings. Let me state the multimedia principles that I think I used when making this H5P video now. First, the Embodiment Principle said people may not learn better when the speaker appears on the screen, so I just recorded my voice instead of my face appear on the screen. Second, when I add information into the video, the Signalling Principle had been showed, which assumes that people will learn better when information related to the video are added. Finally, the adjunction of multiple choice question during the video well presented Pre-training Principle, when the speaker finished his/her speaking, there will  be a question for the listeners to ask, not only help understand and deepen memory for the listeners, but also enhanced the effect of multimedia learning.

This time was also the first time I prepared an outline before start making my multimedia learning materials, and I found it really useful. The outline was a plan I imitated based on the plan example given on the topic 4 website. In the outline, I listed what my H5P video should include, which knowledge should I mainly focus on, what should be written in my weekly feedback, etc. In this week’s work, I noticed that this plan actually listed my goals and precautions clearly, just like several sticky notes, helped me smoothly sort out this week’s knowledge and completed the work effectively. Through personal experience, I understand the importance of planning for multimedia learning, and plan to use it in my future work.

photo by @furtado